Okay, friends. Let’s just cut to the chase.
1. Blissdom’12 was mind blowing. Inspiring. Overwhelming. I am honestly still processing it all, but I learned more than I bargained for. I also met some pretty cool people. More on that soon.
2. Did you watch the Oscars last night? All I can think about is how young Tom Cruise looked. I felt like I was in a time warp….and it was a good one. Can anyone say Top Gun? ; )
3. I also found a rerun of Grey’s Anatomy playing. ( If you’re a fan, it was the “shooter in the hospital” episode.) I’m amazed at how that one single episode can still completely stress me out & make me break out in a sweat the 3rd time watching.
4. I got to wear my dress from the Grammys again on Saturday night. ; ) I truly thought I’d never wear it again, but hey….it fit. I hope to have a few photos to share from that soon. (And I’m going to finally post the photos from our time at the Grammys. TWO YEARS AGO. Sheesh. I know.)
5. So…grass stains. I can’t stand them. Maddox has stains on almost every single uniform item he wears to school so, last night, I poured bleach directly on all of the white items. Guess what? Stains are still there. Mhmmm. I hate bleach now, too.
6. Maddox wrote and recorded another song right before he turned 6 this month. We’re working on a full album. We should have 10 songs by the time he’s thirteen if we continue to do one every year. So far, so good. They are pretty darn cute and I keep forgetting to share. Hoping to post the first 3 sooner than later.
7. During Blissdom, I received a free signed copy of the book Quitter by Jon Acuff. He was an amazing, inspirational, hilarious, and very real speaker. I came away with so many things to think about and started reading it yesterday. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.
8. This morning on the drive to school, it was just me and Maddox. I cranked up my current favorite soundtrack and used my still-a-little-bit-sick-awesome-raspy-singing voice to sing Bruno Mars’ “It Will Rain”. It was perfection. So I did it twice. With feeling. (Don’t be thinking ‘poor Maddox’ because he was singing along, too. Promise.)
9. And lastly. *sigh* I can’t find the key to my new treadmill. : / How’s that going to work out now? Hmmm. Still looking….